Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's markings are... beautiful... or whatever.

Check out the size compared to the finger!

This little guy was always a fun find in Southern Utah. However being the "Western Skink" I wasn't too surprised to find one here. This is the tiniest one I have ever seen though. C.J. will be proud of this find. I'm kinda mad that it looks so crappy on youtube. I used a fancy film format thinking it would be more clear, but when uploaded to youtube if it isn't the regular format it loses all it's luster. So, take it as it is. Also, we were making a little digital father's day for my dad, that's why we are directing it to him. I guess I probably didn't have to explain that...

5 comments:

Zach said...

That thing was as small as Toby McGuire's role in "The Wizard". I enjoyed that. If you ever catch another one of those they are the perfect lizard to dangle from your ear. They love to bite. Just put its mouth up to your ear and it is sure to latch on and hang there long enough for a photo shoot. (It doesn't hurt, either).

Danielle Walker said...

I love your videos. Show me how you post them. I've tried to figure it out but get nowhere. This is Paul Walker's wife, by the way.

Mathias said...

wow, that tail is beautiful.. or whatever. I didn't know you were a regular blogger on here. I'll have to check more often. I'm pumped to mess around over the 4th. Lets go hike Snow Canyon and find some of these creatures.

Sea. Jay. said...

Dang Ty you lucky bugger! That's sweet. I used to love to find those in Vayo. It's a hard find. Congrates! Keep up the hunting! love ya man. CJ

♥ et said...

Skinks are by far my favorite creature. Well maybe teeeny tiny baby frogs beat it out, but only by a little, especially when they are that small. So fun! The video was fine, btw. Can't wait to see you 3!